Chakra Stones: All You Need to Know
Chakra Stones, also known as healing crystals, have been around for centuries. They are believed to have unearthly therapeutic and healing powers. Today, you can use healing crystals as a part of different therapies and personal energetic work.
Before you make a decision to work with the healing stones, there are several things to take into account. First of all, you have to ask yourself the hardest questions: “What do I want to achieve? What do I want to work on?”
After you have your goals laid out, you should pick the stone. Practitioners of the healing crystals therapy suggest that you pick a stone by its energetic quality, the color, and of course, your personal connection with the stone.
In this article, we’ll go through the 7 types of Chakra Stones, their meaning, placement, and benefits. In the end, we’ll touch upon their origin, history, and common ways of using them.
Without any further ado, let’s dive in!
Chakra Stones Benefits
7 Chakras of the Human Body
We can’t talk about the Chakra Stones without talking about the human body chakras.
Chakras are energy centers located along the spine. There are seven of them, and this is a list of all of them from the bottom up:
- Root Chakra
- Sacral Chakra
- Solar Plexus Chakra
- Heart Chakra
- Throat Chakra
- Third Eye Chakra
- Crown Chakra
Each one of these is connected to the specific parts of the body, both emotional and physical. Some say that if you analyze the chakras, and actively work them, it can help you identify problem in your body. It also helps you find a way to connect the body, mind, and spirit.
Chakra Stones are one of the tools you can use to work on your chakras.
What are the 7 types of Chakra Stones?
Now that we covered the seven main chakras in the human body, let’s talk about the types of healing crystals. There are seven main groups of them, and every group is connected to one chakra in the human body.
- Root Chakra Stones: Meaning, Placement, and Benefits
As the name suggests, this group of stones is connected to the root chakra of the body, located at the very bottom of the spine. This chakra is the base of all the other ones and symbolizes trust and survival. Some of the most common sones are Fire Agate, Tiger’s Eye, Black Tourmaline, Hematite, and Bloodstone. Their characteristic color is red. For healing purposes, they are placed at the base of the spine, perineum, or legs. It’s said that they carry some of these powers:
- Fire Agate has the power to align the etheric body with the physical body. The stone stimulates the root chakra and therefore helps the practitioner stay grounded. It’s believed to intensify the emotions, help with the conditions of sexual organs and bowels.
- Tiger’s Eye is used to stimulate the root and solar plexus chakras. It energizes the entire body, teaches balance between polarities, and activates intellect. It’s also believed that the stone has the ability to strengthen the endocrine system, and helps with general vitality.
- Black Tourmaline – This stone is used for clearing the auric field, and psychic protection. It’s believed to be powerful in helping users stop obsessive and compulsive behaviors, cleaning the body of toxins, and heavy metals.
- Sacral Chakra Stones: Meaning, Placement, and Benefits
Orange is the color of the Sacral Chakra group of stones. This group is associated with the Sacral Chakra, the base of emotions, creativity, and sexuality. Some of the most common stones are Citrine Stone, Moonstone, Carnelian Stone, and Coral. For healing purposes, it’s should be placed at the pelvic area above the pubic bone or below the navel. It’s believed to have some of these benefits:
- Citrine Stone enhances creativity, clarity of thought, and helps with the power of will. It’s believed that it supports the endocrine system, proper metabolism, and increased physical energy.
- Moonstone is used in meditation and past life regression. This stone initiates kundalini energy, promotes clairvoyance, and enhances intuition. It’s used for sorting out emotions, attuning one to the moon’s energy, and stabilizing female cycles.
- Carnelian Stone helps one build confidence, courage, power, and passion. It’s believed to help its users overcome the fear of taking action, and detoxify their bodies from addictive habits.
- Solar Plexus Chakra Stones: Meaning, Placement, and Benefits
Solar Plexus Chakra Stones are connected with the yellow color and the Solar Plexus Chakra, symbolizing individuality, wisdom, and power. Some of the most common stones are Orange Calcite, Citrine, Topaz, and Malachite. These stones should be placed on the diaphragm area below the ribs and above the navel. They are believed to have some of these benefits:
- Orange Calcite brings solar energy to the body and energy field. It’s used for overcoming shyness, social phobias, and depression. It’s also believed that it’s good for the endocrine system and hormonal balance.
- Citrine – see above
- Heart Chakra Stones: Meaning, Placement, and Benefits
Heart Chakra Stones are associated with the green color. Some people wonder why the Heart Chakra Stones aren’t represented by the red color. That’s because green represents one’s heart connecting with nature. The symbols of this chakra are healing and love, and they should be placed at the center of the chest. Some of the most popular ones are Rose Quartz, Jade Stone, Green Tourmaline, and Green Calcite.
- Rose Quartz – As you can assume, this stone deals with the problems of the heart. It helps with healing and reawakening trust. The stone helps release tension and stress and therefore calms the mind. It balances the physical trust, by helping overcome anxiety, worry, and past emotional trauma.
- Jade Stone balances the heart chakra, it helps emotional and physical well being. It’s believed that this stone attracts prosperity and strengthens energy systems.
- Throat Chakra Stones: Meaning, Placement, and Benefits
Blue is the color of the Throat Chakra Stones. This chakra represents communication and is connected with expressing yourself and building confidence. The most common ones are Lapis Lazuli, Turquoise, and Aquamarine. These stones are placed at the base of the throat. They are associated with these powers:
- Lapis Lazuli Stone helps with discovering one’s inner divine nature, by activating psychic centers at the third eye. It invokes inspirations, assists in connecting with the gods, and clears the energy systems of the body.
- Turquoise Stone protects from evil, increases wealth, and stimulates the throat chakra. It helps balance moods and emotions, increases emotional intelligence, and promotes self-forgiveness and self-awareness. It is believed to help oxygenate the blood and increase prana.
- Third Eye Chakra Stones: Meaning, Placement, and Benefits
Third Eye Chakra Stones are associated with the Indigo color. They represent attentiveness, awareness, and require practice in meditation. The popular ones are Black Obsidian Stone, Amethyst, and Purple Fluorite. You should place these stones at the center of your forehead, just above and between the eyebrows. They are believed to have these healing powers:
- Black Obsidian Stone is used for grounding, eliminating the negative energy, and cleansing the auric field. It’s believed that the stone can cleanse from negative emotional patterns, and remove blockages in the meridian system.
- Amethyst Stone is used for facilitating meditation. It helps you communicate with guides and understand the root cause of imbalance in your body. The stone reveals self-destructive patterns of the ego and helps with addictive behavior patterns.
- Crown Chakra Stones: Meaning, Placement, and Benefits
Crown Chakra Stones are connected with the purple color. This chakra is located at the head, and the stones should be placed here too. It represents spirituality and opening up new levels of consciousness. Some of the most common ones are Amethyst, Selenite, Diamond, and Clear Quartz.
- Amethyst – see above
- Selenite Stone is used for activating the third eye and crown chakra. It helps with cleansing the auric field and clears congested energies. It’s often used to help with stagnation in life and to encourage one to move forward in life.
- Diamond allows its users access to divine energies. It’s often used to clear energy fields and remove density in the emotional body. Diamond is also used as a support stone for other crystals.
- Quartz (Clear Quartz) is believed to be a programmable stone with memory. It helps one amplify the energy, open chakras, and increase consciousness. It’s said that the stone stimulates the nervous system and growth of hair and fingernails.
The History of Healing Crystals
The healing crystals have made an appearance as early as 60,000 years ago. As long as people have existed, different stones and crystals were used as a talisman, healing tool, or for other spiritual powers.
The oldest evidence of crystals, in the form of beads and amulets, were found all around the world, from Mexico to China.
They had a turbulent history and were banned by the Christian church in 355 AD. Even though the church frowned upon the usage of stones as amulets, gemstones still played an important role in the religious circles. Crystals make an appearance in the Bible, Koran, and many other religious texts.
Ancient Sumerians used crystals in their magic formulas, and Ancient Egyptians used them as jewelry, for health, and protection.
The stones were also a great part of Ancient Greece’s culture, and many names we use today for Chakra Stones come from the Ancient Greeks.
Jade Stone was highly valued in ancient China, where Jade beads were found. Jade was recognized as a kidney healing stone in both China and South America. In New Zealand, the Jade was used as a talisman.
When the Renaissance period began, the practice of using stones for healing purposes was still common. Some of the brightest minds of the era wanted to explore how they actually work.
In the early 17th century, one research suggested that all powers of crystals are connected with the presence of good and bad angels. If the good angels were present, the stone would have enhanced power. Otherwise, bad angels would tempt the user into believing in the stone, rather than gifts of God granted to the stone. Later in the same century, it was believed that gems could not possess the healing effects people claim the stones have. In the following decades, the use of stones as the healing object began to fall.
The stones as a healing method made a comeback near the end of the 20th century, with the New Age culture. Much of the practice around it was drawn from the old traditions, with more knowledge about them gained by experimenting and actually using them.
Today, there are a number of available resources on the topic.
How to use Chakra Stones?
The possibilities of using chakra stones are endless. Once you know what you want to achieve and which stone you’ll use for that, you can experiment and try out different things in order to find what feels good for you.
Many people say that there isn’t a wrong way to use a chakra stone, but keep in mind you should always stick to those things that feel right for you.
Some people like using stones for meditation, or just placing them on the body and feeling the positive vibes. Others like to combine stones with positive affirmations. If none of these options feel good for you, but you still want to have the stones present in your everyday life – there’s a number of beautiful chakra stone jewelry you can check out.
Have you ever used Chakra Stones before? What is your favorite stone? How do you use it? Let us know in the comments below!
7 pcs Healing Crystals Chakra Stones set – Gift set, 7 tumbled stones
Chakra set : red jasper/Opalite/Lapis Lazuli/Amethyst/Rose Quartz/Black Obsidian/White Jade
Since ancient times, Chakra Stones have been used for their powerful energetic healing properties. They can aid in healing deep-seated issues, bringing forth good health and greater happiness. Each chakra stone has its own unique healing properties — some are best suited for abundance and prosperity, while others are better for love, relationships, and harmony, or even protection and shielding.
Understanding the deeper sense of what’s going on with your chakras is a good way to tune in to your body, mind, and spirit. Pay attention to which situations you feel stressful or situations. You can check for any patterns of recurring illnesses or problems which can clue you in on your problematic or imbalanced chakras.
Once you find out which chakras you want to focus on, it’s time to pick the best chakra stones that will balance, heal, and clear that chakra. You can also put together a mixture of stones so that you may more easily work at healing your own body.
If you pick one up, you’ll feel a pleasant sensation in your hand. Allow yourself to follow and strengthen your intuition to guide you and choose what you need to create a positive healing outcome. Sometimes when you are crystal picking you may even be drawn to one special crystal of a specific color. Use your intuition to guide you in choosing your chakra stone as it may be your higher self-guiding you to what you need.
There are numerous advantages to everyday meditation. It supports our immune system, balances the feelings, decreases pressure, directs your pulse, relaxes the mind and expands your vitality. In order to get the most out of this technic we need to understand what are chakras, know the chakra colors and meanings.
Getting to Know Chakras
Chakra, a Sanskrit word which means circle or wheel. In yoga or meditation, the word chakra identifies with the wheels of vitality that can be discovered all through your body.
There are seven noteworthy chakras along the spine, beginning at the base of the spine and going up to the crown of the head. Simply consider it a whirling of vitality where cognizance and matter meet. It’s undetectable energy that is your dynamic life strength.
Chakra Colors and Meanings
Before you decide what chakra to use, you must first be familiarized with chakra colors and meanings. Chakras are vitality wheels that can be found along your spine. There are seven primary chakras that are associated with your body’s physical and emotional issues.When you discover which chakras you need to focus on, it’s a great opportunity to pick the best chakra stones that will adjust, recuperate, and clear that chakra.
The Root Chakra (RED)
- The root chakra is related to the sentiment of being grounded, and it speaks to your interests or passion
- It’s situated at the base of the spine and is related with the shading red
- When the root chakra is underactive, it demonstrates that you are feeling worn out, frail, or unmotivated
- You can likewise be feeling torment on your legs or your lower back. You are likewise doubtlessly experiencing safe framework issue
- Regularly you end up going into survival mode
Chakra Stones: Red Jasper, Smoky Quartz and HermatiteRed Jasper stone is used for grounding, stability and emotional balance. Smoky Quartz stone is used to overcome your fears and let go of the past. Hermatite regulates blood flow in the body. It is widely used to cure and relieve headaches and anemia.
The Sacral Chakra (ORANGE)
- The sacral chakra is the chakra that speaks to your imagination and capacity to acknowledge others. It very well is discovered just beneath the stomach catch. Its chakra shading is orange
- When your sacral chakra is frail or low, you regularly feel confused. You are likewise exceptionally dependent on other individuals
- You are effectively irritated, and you regularly need inspiration. On a physical level, you additionally experience the ill effects of swelling or low hormone levels
- When the sacral chakra is open, you are adaptable in body and brain. You are open, perky, and inventive
- A low or powerless vitality stream to your sacral chakra causes an absence of vitality and aspiration. You can likewise feel to a great degree discouraged and lazy
Chakra Stones: Tangerine Quartz, Citrine, Red and Orange Carmelian You can use Tangerine Quartz to open your mind to ideas outside of your belief system. It also cures trauma and helps to find the balance between giving and receiving in relationships. Citrine crystal motivates you to take action. It brings optimism and is a good for for aligning all the chakras. Red or Orange Carmelian stone increases motivation and endurance, leadership and courage.
The Solar Plexus Chakra (YELLOW)
- The solar plexus chakra speaks to your mind and how you see yourself in your reality. It’s related with the shading yellow, and it very well may be found in the upper stomach area
- When the solar plexus chakra is low or powerless, you feel frightful, and you can end up controlling. You need confidence, and you can’t express your feelings
- On a physical level, you additionally experience the ill effects of stomach related issues
- When the solar plexus chakra is dormant, you can’t resist the opportunity to feel feeble, particularly when you’re encountering a considerable measure of pressure
- You frequently feel like there are butterflies in your stomach, and like you can’t recapture command over your life
- When your solar plexus chakra is overactive, you want to control everything that you turn into a control freak
Chakra Stones: Amber, Lemon Quartz, Tiger’s EyeAmber is not really a crystal but a fossilized tree resin, a natural purifier esteemed for its ability to relieve pain and anxiety like incense sticks. Use amber to discharge negative moods and deflecting energy from others, as well as generate a positive, uplifting current of energy. Lemon Quartz is good in filtering out distractions, aid concentration and open memory. It is a stone to use when fighting depression or a down mood. Tiger’s Eye stimulates taking action. It is a great stone for unclouding emotions and decision making.
The Heart Chakra (GREEN/PINK)
- The heart chakra speaks to your capacity to adore genuinely and to acknowledge others. Its chakra shades are pink and green, and this chakra is situated at the focal point of the chest
- When the heart chakra is feeble or low, you feel focused on, unpleasant, desirous, and on edge
- On a physical level, it can show as low or hypertension, low or high pulse, or sores and bumps in your bosoms
- Your heart chakra is frail in the event that you regularly end up having issues in your relationship. You additionally feel segregated from your friends and family. That is why it is so important to know the chakra colors and meanings to be able to heal and unblock them
- You have an overactive heart chakra on the off chance that you turn out to be excessively connected, making it impossible to things, and this result in you being excessively enthusiastic without fail
Chakra Stones: Rose Quartz, Malachite and JadeRose Quartz is a calming and reassuring crystal. It stimulates empathy and forgiveness of others and clears out jealousy and anger. Being a stone of love, tenderness and sensuality, Rose Quartz is a powerful aphrodisiac, it stimulates sensual imagination and encourages unconditional love. People often call Malachite the “stone of transformation”. It is used for deep energy cleaning, bringing healing and positive transformation. Jade is great confidence booster and a lucky stone. Some people even believe it to be a stone of eternal youth. It brings energies of love, wealth, and health as well as encourages you to pursue ambitions.
The Throat Chakra (BLUE)
- The throat chakra speaks to expressions and correspondence. It very well may be found at the throat territory, and its chakra shading is blue
- When your throat chakra is frail or low, you feel a failure to convey yourself in a good way. You frequently can’t locate the correct words to state, and you here and there can’t resist the urge to falter
- There are sentiments of being misconstrued and secluded. On a physical level, you frequently experience the ill effects of a solid neck, tight jaw, and sore throat
- A throat chakra that is misaligned or imbalanced makes you unfit to express your fact
- When the throat chakra is overactive, you say the main thing that flies in your mind, regularly causing harmful words and unnecessary contentions
Chakra Stones: Turquoise, Aquamarine, Blue Lace AgateTurquoise improves mental health and the state of mind. It increases creativity, empathy, positive thinking, sensitivity, intuition, happiness and wisdom. The harmony of all of these mental characteristics result in a calmer state that leads to greater self-realization. Aquamarine is a perfect companion to calm fears and phobias. People call aquamarine a “Stone of Courage and Protection” and often use it to enhance spiritual communication and clear communication blocks. Blue Lace Agate is a very supportive stone. This calming stone promotes the acceptance of the emotions. It can help those who may be feeling depressed or worried.
If You Want To Improve Your Intuition Make Sure To Read About The Indigo Chakra Colors And Meanings
The Brow Chakra (INDIGO/PURPLE)
- The brow chakra speaks to your capacity to see and focus on the bigger view. It means your comprehension of the good and bad times of life
- Its chakra shading is indigo, and it very well may be found on the brow directly between the eyes
- When the third eye chakra is powerless or low, you encounter firmness, a solid neck, a foggy cerebrum, and an overactive personality
- You have a feeling that you can’t compose your life or envision what you need to occur with it. Knowing the chakra colors and meanings gives you a powerful instrument you can use for the good of yourself and your beloved ones
- You have an overactive third eye on the off chance that you experience the ill effects of bad dreams each night. You additionally feel like you’re stuck in a passionate trench
Chakra Stones: Amethyst, Purple Fluorite, Lapis LazuliAmethyst is healing emotional and physical ailments. It enhances your intuition and encourages inner spirituality and strengths. Purple Fluorite cures scars, both physical and emotional. It eases headaches and arthritis, helps bones and teeth. Lapis Lazuli helps to discover self-awareness and allows self-expression. This stone also helps to reveal inner truth, encouraging the qualities of honesty, compassion and morality.
The Crown Chakra (WHITE/GOLD)
- The crown chakra speaks to divine motivation. Its chakra shading is gold and white, and it tends to be found at the highest point of the head
- When the crown chakra is frail or low, you feel unclear about your identity and the reason why you are here in this world
- You are stiff in your reasoning, and you feel lost and unmotivated
- You can’t think plainly when you’re under a considerable measure of pressure
- You have an inclination that you’re experiencing existence with no particular reason or heading, making you feeling lost and unverifiable
Chakra Stones: Selenite, Clear QuartzSelenite helps to remove all energy blockages in the body, quiet your mind and give you mental clarity. Selenite crystals are also used to awaken or strengthen telepathic abilities. Clear Quartz can expand consciousness to stimulating the chakras and facilitating open communication. For those seeking for clarity of mind, clear quartz will eliminate energy blockages and will allow energy to flow smoothly throughout the body.